Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Easy Updates: Custom Media Boxes.

We're trying to become a mostly digital houselhold. But we still have some media that we just don't plan to get rid of; namely VHS tapes and Nintendo games.
The problem:
I am not fond of those media towers.
So how do we store them?

Solution: Media boxes!
While media boxes tend to be inexpensive, they tend to only store a few at a time. And they are not always attractive. But I knew I could make my own with a little creative thinking.



So enter two empty boxes that were headed to the recycling bin. I removed both lids, then I covered each box in scrapbook paper.

I tried a colorblock pattern with the largest box. I simply cut large rectangles of the color paper and taped them in place using masking tape.



After their scrapbook paper makeovers, each box found a new home.




The larger box was missing something,
so I added a monogram letter!...my favorite finishing touch!

Total cost: FREE :)

2 comments:

  1. Good job you! Repurposing old boxes is one of my most favorite ways to create free storage for all sorts of things! You did it wonderfully!

    I am so glad you shared your link with me!

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job, love that its free, and if you ever want to change out the look, its super easy to do!

    ReplyDelete